Personal data protection policy
Version: October 2020
The purpose of this personal data protection policy is to provide you with information about how your personal data is processed as part of TV Player service.
Within this policy, you can access the following information:
Who is the data controller of your personal data?
The data controller of your personal data for the TV Player service is Alchimie, a simplified joint-stock company with capital of €3,500,000, registered with the Bobigny Trade & Companies Register under number 420 919 904 and whose headquarters are located at 43-45 avenue Victor Hugo, 93300, Aubervilliers, France.
What personal data is processed?
Personal data which we collect when you subscribe to TV Player
- Identification data: email address, password, customer log in and, potentially, your emails and your Gmail or Facebook token ID if you choose to log in in this way.
- Financial data when taking out a paid subscription: history (date of transaction, amount paid, currency, payment method) and, depending on your payment method, credit card information, PayPal account information, information related to “direct carrier billing” (direct billing by your mobile operator) including your MSISDN.
Personal data which we collect when you use TV Player
- Usage data/technical data: connection log on our website/applications, website/application browsing data, audiovisual content consumption data, country of request to access the service, IP address.
Personal data which we collect when you contact our Customer Service
- Details of your enquiry or complaint (including the date, time, subject and content of your enquiry), the content of your conversations with Customer Service, any other data considered necessary to deal with your enquiry or complaint.
For what purpose and on what legal basis?
To create and to manage your subscription: access to the TV Player service, invoicing and collection of payments, management of the options linked to your subscription, processing your enquiries when contacting Customer Service.
The performance of your subscription contract
To send you messages about our service and our offers
Our legitimate interest in promoting our business and services with regard to communications relating to products and offers similar to those to which you have access as part of your subscription. In other cases, the legal basis will be your prior consent.
To improve the quality of our service: improving features, service performance, measuring and analysing the consumption and the use of content included in TV Player, communicating information about the service and its features and our promotional offers.
We have a legitimate interest in measuring and improving services and products to ensure the long-term future of our business.
To fulfil our legal obligations
Compliance with a legal obligation
For what duration?
Your personal data is strictly confidential and kept for a period of time which varies, depending on the purposes set out in the previous article, in accordance with the applicable regulations. After this period, your data will be deleted or anonymised.
Where is your personal data processed and to whom is it transferred?
All of Alchimie’s servers which host your data are located within the European Union; the company does not transfer any of your data outside this area.
In addition, Alchimie may use external processors as part of the TV Player service; as such, your data may be transferred to service providers to:
- record and encode linear services;
- manage the invoicing and payment of your subscription;
- manage customer support;
- send newsletters and special offers;
- analyse subscriber usage and marketing operations.
How do we protect this data?
Alchimie has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against destruction, loss, damage and unauthorised disclosure.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your data. We ensure that your data is stored in information systems which provide an appropriate level of security and that access to these systems is protected, restricted and recorded.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you have the right to access, rectify and delete any of your personal data.
You can request the portability of this data. You also have the right to object to the processing of this data or to request limited processing. Lastly, you have the right to decide how your data is used after your death.
To exercise your rights, please contact us by email at the following address: [email protected]